American Educational Research Association (AERA) invites advanced graduate and undergraduate students for a Research Program through provision of research funding and professional development and training.
The program is structured to advance fundamental knowledge of relevance to STEM policy, foster significant science using education data, and build research capacity in education and learning environment. AERA Program has been vital to both research and training at early career stages since 1991.
The Grants Program is open to field-initiated research and welcomes proposals that:
- develop or benefit from advanced statistical or innovative quantitative methods or measures;
- analyze more than one large-scale national or international federally funded data set, or more than one statewide longitudinal data system (SLDS) or incorporate other data enhancements;
- integrate, link, or blend multiple large-scale data sources; or
- undertake replication research of major findings or major studies using large-scale, federally supported or enhanced data.
Awards for Dissertation Grants are up to $25,000 for 1year projects.
- Dissertation Grants are available for advanced doctoral students and are intended to support the student while analyzing data and writing the doctoral dissertation.
- Proposals are encouraged from the full range of education research fields and other fields and disciplines engaged in education-related research, including economics, political science, psychology, sociology, demography, statistics, public policy, and psychometrics. Applicants for this one-year, non-renewable award should be advanced doctoral students at the dissertation writing stage, usually the last year of study.
- Applicants may be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents enrolled in a doctoral program. Non-U.S. citizens enrolled in a doctoral program at an U.S. institution are also eligible to apply.
- Underrepresented racial and ethnic minority researchers as well as women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Also see:University of New England Scholarship in Australia 2019/2020
For further information and application see – AERA Dissertation Grant Proposals in USA