York University in Canada invites applications from students around the world for their 2019 entrance scholarships. The application goes alongside applying for admission. Interested candidates should be persons interested in pursuing their degree program with university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): York University
Scholarship Type: Fully funded Scholarship
Scholarship level: Scholarships are available for PhD program
Slots: 3 scholarships awarded every year
Scholarship Worth: scholarship is valued at $35,000 per a year up to four years (a total of $140,000)
Subject Eligibility: the scholarship will consider students of the following fields of study: Arts, Performance & Design, Media; Environmental Studies; Glendon; Education; Health; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Lassonde School of Engineering; Science; or the Schulich School of Business.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students are eligible to apply
English Language Requirement: English Language proficiency may be required.
Scholarship Eligibility: and Basic Requirements To be considered for the International Scholarships, candidate:
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2020
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counselor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2020 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2020 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- How-to-ApplyAll application for the 2020 York University Global Entrance Scholarships are done online. Interested persons should apply for scholarships through the link provided.