The University of Alberta is offering a doctoral scholarship at the Faculty of Graduate and postgraduate Studies and Research. This program is open to both Canadian and international students for winter 2019 intake.
The purpose of this is to recruit superior holders at the doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of Alberta’s community and research.
The University of Alberta is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta, and Henry Marshall Tory, its first president. Its enabling legislation is the Post-secondary Learning Act.
Awards will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a candidate. The award value varies and is indicated in your original letter of offer.
- Nomination consists of a completed Nomination form which must be sent via e-mail.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, holders must be ready to submit the Reference letters, CV, statement of intent, and writing samples, GRE, GMAT, or other test scores.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- Language Requirement: English is the primary language of instruction and communication at University of Alberta. All applicants must be proficient in English,English Language Proficiency scores such as IELTS, Pearson, TOEFL, etc. (if applicable)
- Canadian and international learners can apply for this application .
- This is available for pursuing a full-time doctoral degree program.
- The study will be awarded to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or international students
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants are normally required to have completed a master’s degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution Recognised by the University of Alberta.
- Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from Master’s to a doctoral degree program
- Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
- Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
- Departments might have additional selection criteria;
- Such as CV, statement of intent, and writing Reference letters (Supply names and email addresses of their references in the online application.)
For application please Application portal.