Western Sydney University is now accepting applications for the International undergraduate financial aid and offering $7,500 multi-year awards and one-off $5,000 awards.
The program is open to new commencing international students enrolling in undergraduate degree coursework programs for the first time at WSU in spring 2019 and in 2020.
Western Sydney University, Australia ranked in the top two percent of units in the world. It globally focused, research-led and committed in making a positive impact on the communities they engage with.
Why at Western Sydney University? WSU values academic excellence, integrity and the pursuit of knowledge. Through their Global Mobility, internship and work-placement programs, they provide unlimited opportunities to learn, travel and work in more than 300 destinations across the globe.
The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
The USydIS is available to students commencing in both the March (Research Period 2) and July (Research Period 3).
To be eligible for the USydIS, you must:
- Be an international student commencing full time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
No separate application for a USydIS Scholarship is necessary. Students must indicate that they would like to be considered for the USydIS by completing the relevant section of the Postgraduate Research Application form. It is important to read the selection process and Research Experience guide and visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.